Me and Aretha at the House of Blues

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Likes and Dislikes

This is totally random, but I have been thinking a lot lately about little things that I like and dislike. Nothing that brings me great joy or distress, but things that make me smile or cringe a little. Just everyday things that other people probably do not even notice.

Likes:

For some reason I really like the "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" commercial with Megan Mullally. They have been running for several months. She is dancing in a supermarket aisle while singing about butter to the tune of "Turn the beat Around." I think one of the lyrics goes "turn the tub around, talkin' bout nutrition." I know, hilarious.

My "Oh snap" button. Some of you may have read a blog a few days ago about my "oh snap" button. Picture this. I am sitting alone in my house and someone on tv says something snarky or sarcastic to another person and I reach over and tap the button and Raven Symone says "Oh snap!" I'm not sure what amuses me more, her voice or when I think to myself, "well said Raven."

Tyler Perry movies. I just cannot explain it. Most of the movies have decent stories that have happy endings with good morals winning over bad behavior. I also really appreciate the faith that is on display in every movie. No one shies away from talking about God. Most movies have several scenes in the church and a whole lot of great gospel music.

Waking up five minutes before my alarm. It does not get better than this!

Jimmy Fallon's laugh. Dana recently got me watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. He is a genuine laugher. He also laughs and snickers at his own jokes. As someone who also laughs at his own jokes, I can appreciate that. He is genuinely goofy.

David Letterman. I'm team Letterman.

Saturday morning Bloody Mary's. Even better when with friends or family. Margaret and I have shared many bloody mary's with the folks at Cheddars. And for those of you who are not aware, my parents have the best bloody mary recipe. Saturday morning is always good when I go home!

Dislikes:

For some reason it really irks me when people use the word "vacay." As in "I need a vacay" or "I just got back from vacay." I know we live in a busy world but is shortening the word vacation really necessary? Unlikely.

Facebook applications. I do not want to help tend your farm, sign your yearbook, start a mafia war, meet you in Treasure Isle or Bedazzle anything. Thank you for the suggestion, but I respectfully click ignore.

Not putting your cart in the cart stall when you come out of a store like Wal-Mart or Target. I know they have people out there to bring the carts in, but they are paid to bring them in from the cart stalls. You took the cart out of the store, at least take it back to the stall.

Jay Leno. Again, I'm team Letterman.

LOL. You will never see me text or email LOL. I have no beef with people that do, but I am not a fan.

I'm sure I could think of many more, and probably will just after I post this. That is why I like the edit button.

No comments:

Post a Comment